LUQAM carries out layout projects:
• “from scratch” for a new / expanded production hall
• when moving production to a new location
• with the optimization realized in the current location
The positioning of machines on the production hall, which is often referred to as the layout, is the result of considering 2 key areas in LUQAM projects, i.e. materials and information flow and production management vision. A successful production facility design must be based on the data to be taken into consideration when designing an optimal layout.
in 3D environment
Apart from classic layout creation projects, we also carry out layout simulation projects in a 3D simulator environment. Modeling allows for an accurate (mathematical and visual) representation of the layout of the hall, which will result in the creation of a model for testing optimization scenarios and hypotheses. The model is used to create a layout before production starts, which will not require corrections related to parameters or errors that have not been taken into consideration. It defines anomalies and bottlenecks that could become problems in the future. Then we can start building a future situation, knowing how our entire production system will be affected, for example:
• smaller modifications, such as for example buying a forklift truck, giving up a single warehouse worker to deliver semi-finished products at the expense of operators, buying a machine, moving the machine, reducing the size of the supermarket, changing the location of storage fields
• large modifications, such as the optimal layout of the production plan, replacing the current production system with a one-piece-flow system, reducing the number of operators, a complete reconstruction of the internal logistics system or a large conversion of the machine and facility locations.
The simulation allows to test many alternative scenarios and solutions, without interfering with the real system. Thanks to such alternative scenarios it is possible to obtain hundreds of potential solutions, out of which we choose the optimal solution to a given decision problem in a very short time.
If we decide to accurately reproduce the appearance of machines and products, the 3D layout can serve as a great presentation material for customers.
Please note that in this type of projects the experience and operational and optimization knowledge of the experts who implement the project is even more important than professional software. The combination of the simulator’s capabilities and the Lean Manufacturing approach, i.e. the combination of a mathematical model with the best practices of production management is the key to creating a layout that will become a company’s showcase.
Layout design and flow optimization
in the simulator environment
Professional factory layout allows the company:
• Consciously choose the best design solution
• Obtain a clear and accessible factory design
• Calculate savings at the layout design stage
• Reduce costs by eliminating errors already at the design stage
• To lay the foundation for Lean Manufacturing standards